using "repeat for each" when you don't want to start with the first line

Ray Horsley ray at linkitonline.com
Mon Apr 29 13:10:01 EDT 2002

on 4/29/02 7:01 AM, shop at shop at paynesparkman.com wrote:

I have a number of repeat loops in my software which I would love to speed
up using the "repeat for each" technique but I don't want to start with the
first line.  Instead, I want to start based on which line the user selects
in a fld.  A typical example of what I'm currently doing follows:

  put the SelectedText of fld "Scene List" into CurScene
 put lineoffset(CurScene&return,SceneFile) into q
 repeat with q2 = q+1 to the number of lines in SceneFile
       do stuff
 end repeat

Any suggestions?

Rich Mooney
Payne Sparkman Mfg.
shop at paynesparkman.com

As a side note, should you be setting the WholeMatches to true before using
the lineOffset function?  I got caught on this one.  If I don't set the
WholeMatches to true lineOffset will find matches within lines.

Ray Horsley
Developer, LinkIt! Software