Dragging Lines in a Field

Larry_R_Huisingh at rl.gov Larry_R_Huisingh at rl.gov
Wed Apr 24 14:59:01 EDT 2002

Thank you very much for your script sample.  I implemented it with one minor
change I needed.  When I tried your code whenever I tried dragging a button
on my card a different object (part of a group) would move instead.  I had
to change your code in the mouseMove handler from

    set the loc of control gDragObj to x,y

    set the loc of card button gDragObj to x,y

I think it has to do with the use of "the number of the target" used in the
mouseDown handler.  For my stack the number of the intended target was 1 but
"control" number 1 was a different object.

Perhaps this is related to the fact that the button I was trying to move was
placed on top of the group mentioned above (but not part of it).

Another solution is to use

    put the long name of the target into gDragObj

in mouseDown and then use

    set the loc of gDragObj to x,y

in mouseMove.  This may be a better generic solution.

Larry Huisingh