Transparent Images

Shari gypsyware at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 22 18:04:00 EDT 2002

>  > I have some transparent png's on several cards, and sometimes they show up
>>  transparent and other times they don't (ie. they have a big ugly white
>>  rectangular background). I can even go back and forth between a couple of
>>  cards, and images that show up fine one time will not show up ok the next
>>  and vice-versa. I have not been able to find a repeatable pattern to it, but
>>  it is a fairly common occurance.
>>
>>  Has anyone else seen this?
>>
>  > Glen Yates

I've had problems with that too.  If I save an image as a JPEG, even
if I remove the white around the image and save just the image, the
white part shows up in my stacks, making the image square or
rectangular, and nothing I've tried gets rid of the white.  I've
experimented with the inks and transparencies and so forth, with no
luck.  I do not know if this is a JPEG thing or a Metacard thing.

It only works if I save it as a GIF image.  Unfortunately, that's a
LOT of extra work for me, as GIFs want to degrade the image and I
have to ditz and ditz to get it to look the same.  There's no easy
save option for GIFS in my software that doesn't degrade the image.
I'm in the middle of doing this right now, with a very large batch of
images.  My PhotoDeluxe program is not Applescriptable, so they each
have to be done the hard way, using the Advanced Save option.

My goal was that I wanted the images to be oval.

--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com