Embedding mt scripts

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Sun Apr 21 19:19:01 EDT 2002

"J. Landman Gay" a écrit :

> On 4/21/02 3:39 AM, Pierre Sahores wrote:
>
> > Is MC available and running on your ISP's server ? If no, just switch to
> > PHP4 : it's a very usefull and elegant web-dedicaced scripting language.
> > If yes, it must be a way to have ".mt" html files fine parsable without
> > modifiing the "httpd.conf" file, just by declaring the complete path to
> > the MC engine in the <head><script=...path to mc> section of each html
> > file you want to include metatalk scripting in. In using this way, you
> > will, first, no more have to rename your html files with the ".mt"
> > extension and, second, you will be able to refer from within your html
> > files to external ".mt" libraries, just alike html files are refering to
> > ".js" javascripts files libraries. This all will need some tests before
> > running fine but i'm far sure it will do the job to the end... :-)
>
> This is very promising and I want to try it. I had to do some research
> on the <script> tags though. Everything I read said that if a browser
> doesn't recognize the <language> tag (or <type> in newer browsers), it
> will ignore the script. I'm sure there aren't any browsers that
> understand a "metatalk" tag. Will a complete path to the copy of mc fix
> that? Could you give me an example of how to format the <script> definition?
>
> --

Unfortunally, i'm not sure i will have lots of time to spend in
configuring this on my own test server this week... I spended a couple
of hours with this, this morning. I'm for yet just ok with (1) running
simple mc ".mt" scripts, (2) having Netscape able to load ".mt" files
(instead of ".js" javascripts) as scripts. I will try to find out a
little more on next week-end. ;-!

Kind Regards, Pierre Sahores

WEB & VPN applications & databases servers
Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Qualifier & produire l'avantage compétitif