database and MC

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Apr 17 16:34:01 EDT 2002

on 4/17/02 21:34, Leston Drake at ldrake at lpsoftware.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on a database application that requires
> (1) cross platform Win/Mac (that's why I'm using MC!)
> (2) runs over a network
>
> Item 2 causes some issues for a database application.
> Specifically, the issues of posting changes to the data
> when multiple users are working with it (things that a
> typical DBMS handles).
>
> Does anyone know a cross-platform, MC-friendly solution?
> I'm thinking there might be some 3rd party products that
> could be used. Valentina? (I vaguely recall some discussion
> about it on this list, not quite sure of its capabilities or MC
> friendliness)

Hi Leston,

Yes, Valentina is very MetaCard (and Revolution) friendly,

I should mention on Revolution site they have great examples of using
Valentina with Revolution.

As I understand, you need build APPLICATION with embedded db engine.
As mention not so far one developer, for MacOS is the only choice today for
standalone development.

--
Best regards,
Ruslan Zasukhin