Read Command with Offset specified

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Fri Apr 12 20:01:01 EDT 2002

Hi everyone,

	I'm working on a utility that filters data in text files of more
than 100 MB.  I want to read chunks of text from certain points in the
file without running out of memory, so I was wondering whether using the
Read-from-file-XXX-at-offset form of the Read command would actually
read from the offset without loading all data before the read into
memory.  If so, then it should be pretty easy to index key words in a
first pass of the file before embarking on more intensive searches.

	Greg