Apple Talk network problem

Leston Drake ldrake at lpsoftware.com
Thu Apr 11 11:45:01 EDT 2002

Hi all,

We have some MC programs that we have developed for schools, so we have
both Windows and Mac versions (MC 2.3.2). We are doing some testing of the
program running over various networks.

One of the sites we are testing at has an Apple Talk network (Ethernet w/
hubs, no server) for file sharing. We installed the program on one of the
machines, and it runs fine on that machine. Can't run it from other
machines, however. When we connect to the shared drive and try to run the
program, it waits for a moment or two (like it is loading the program) and
then just quits and does not launch the standalone.

Not being very experienced at Mac, I wondered if any of you that work with
Macs all the time might suggest a solution or have some insights for me.

TIA
Leston

Leston Drake, President
LetterPress Software, Inc.