Call WinAPI?

Phil Davis phildavis at attbi.com
Thu Apr 11 01:10:01 EDT 2002

I opened a DOS window on my Win98SE machine and got this info about 'start'. Looks like it should indeed be able to launch an app minimized.

========= beginning ============================

Microsoft(R) Windows 98
   (C)Copyright Microsoft Corp 1981-1999.

C:\WINDOWS>start /?
Runs a Windows program or an MS-DOS program.

START [options] program [arg...]
START [options] document.ext

/m[inimized] Run the new program minimized (in the background).
/max[imized] Run the new program maximized (in the foreground).
/r[estored]  Run the new program restored (in the foreground). [default]
/w[ait]      Does not return until the other program exits.

C:\WINDOWS>

Phil