Memory usage

Shari gogypsy at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 5 11:02:01 EST 2002

I'm trying to understand how Metacard's memory usage works, and it
seems to be defying my logic.  (Being a girl, that's probably not
difficult ;-)

My visual effects were buggy, sometimes they worked and sometimes
not, and I tried everything to fix them.  Reinstalled Quicktime
several times, reinstalled Metacard, tried setting the
bufferHiddenImages to true, and false, with every combination of
destroy window, don't destroy window, dontUseQT to true, and false,
etc.  Tried everything.

I set the memory in the Get Info window (Mac) as high as my computer
would allow.

To no avail.

So I tried something totally illogical...

I set the memory lower than I knew the stack normally used, and lo
and behold, the visual effects were fixed.

Can someone explain this one logically?  I am utterly baffled.

--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com