calling function in msg

crob robot at tin.it
Thu Apr 4 13:28:05 EST 2002

>Sure, crob - but you missed the point of this thread - entering functions
>in msg WITHOUT the word 'put',
>My point remains - THAT suffers restrictions common to both defined and
>native functions (though it is not necessary
>for native functions as we all knew anyway).  I wasn't making a judgement
>about the lack of symmetry in this case.
>There may well be a good reason - it just isn't immediately clear what it
>is if there is - perhaps Scott can enlighten us if we can't guess soon.
>
>Mike Yates

you are right, sorry
I did the following

sin(3)*3     -> 0.42336
3*sin(3)     -> bad command - error in handler
3*(sin(3))  -> bad command - error in handler

but also 3*3 gives bad command - error in handler, so I tried

3 * 3            -> 9
sin(3) * 3     -> 0.42336
3 * sin(3)     -> 0.42336
3 * (sin(3))  -> 0.42336