metacard.com hosting service fiasco redux

MisterX mister.x at win.be
Thu Apr 4 09:58:01 EST 2002

Scott,

I completely sympatize with your cause...

I've had this from GSM (mobile/cell phone), database engines, in particular
our current disk suppliers (whose name I'll keep secret) who supplies us
with
over 2 TB's of filesystem space forgot to mention one bug - took us over a
year
to find it, but should it happen, we have a multi-million dollar catastrophy
in
our hands (im exagerating the real situation, but in reality it would be
lots
worse (read multi-million cata per hour!)... The "error" can happen any
time,
can be caused by anyone, we can't warn about it (because someone might want
be funny). We are still waiting for a fix... Let's not mention previous
"well paid"
MS tech support who never had an answer but always blame for the other
product on
the system...

The key is market choice they'll supply if we demand, otherwise, there's
always
a shark looking for feeding elsewhere!

I use www.olm.net to host my now-nuked site, and exept a couple quality
nuances, never had
a problem, delay, or lack of service. I get periodic announcements of
service updates, and
it always works. System speed is adequate, nt or unix, and best seeming mb/$
deal back in
2000 when i started. Their tech support is fast and serious about their
business.

Avoid ValueWeb. They never answered our emails.

cheers
Xa