calling function in msg

Mike Yates myates at sumitsoftware.com
Thu Apr 4 04:58:01 EST 2002

 >On the other hand if you enter sq(3)*3 you get 27. It's the lack of
 >symmetry that is the problem - also  it doesn't just apply to defined
 >functions but native functions as well - try 3*sin(3) and sin(3)*3.

wrong:
I typed
put 3*sin(3),sin(3)*3,3*(sin(3))
and obtained:
0.42336, 0.42336, 0.42336

--
bye
crob

Sure, crob - but you missed the point of this thread - entering functions
in msg WITHOUT the word 'put',
My point remains - THAT suffers restrictions common to both defined and
native functions (though it is not necessary
for native functions as we all knew anyway).  I wasn't making a judgement
about the lack of symmetry in this case.
There may well be a good reason - it just isn't immediately clear what it
is if there is - perhaps Scott can enlighten us if we can't guess soon.

Mike Yates

I have just unsubscribed my old address and subscribed my new address, and
am sending a copy of  a message I sent earlier to the list.
- at 19.01 Greenwich mean time.  Its only change other than the add