Windows Language?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Apr 3 17:15:01 EST 2002

Anyone know how to determine the language version of Windows 95/98/Me?

In NT/2K/XP, the default language of the Windows installation is stored
in the registry.  Apparently in 95/98/Me, the language info is stored
somewhere else, or under an unknown label in the registry.  The closest
I can get to retrieving this information is right-click properties of a
tiny app in the Windows/System32 directory called winver.exe.  However,
I can't tell where this info is being read from.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has any pointers on how to determine
system language.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director, Tactile Media