QT Effects

Jacqueline Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Apr 3 11:21:00 EST 2002

Mark Talluto wrote:

> On Tuesday, April 2, 2002, at 10:20  PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know what the 4-character codes are for using parameters
> > with QT visual effects in scripts?
>
> Use the answer effect command to bring up the dialog.  Create the
> transition you want in this window.  When you hit the OK button, the
> effect will be stored in the it variable.  The string will be quite long
> so do not be surprised.

That was the first thing I tried, but when I copied the string into the
script editor and ran the script, MC crashed (well, I'm using the latest
beta, so maybe that was the problem.) Then I tried to put the string
into a custom property instead and whenever I accessed it, the property
returned empty. So instead of the string that is returned in "it" I was
thinking to try the 4-character code that is mentioned in the docs. But
the docs say to find the codes at Apple's web site, and I couldn't. I'd
like to see a list of these codes somewhere, or else find out how others
are using the "it" string in scripts. I don't want any user interaction,
I just want to permanently store and use the effect.

Jacqueline Landman Gay       |        jacque at hyperactivesw.com
HyperActive Software         |        http://www.hyperactivesw.com