[Metacard] Re: QT from the 'Net?

fuegox at mac.com fuegox at mac.com
Wed Nov 21 10:04:34 EST 2001

On Tuesday, November 20, 2001, at 08:16 PM, Charles Buchwald wrote:

> I saw this in the ReadMe:
>
>> The player object now will accept URLs in its fileName property, which
>> will cause QuickTime's internal networking routines to download and
>> play the file.  This also allows playback of streaming video.
>
> Can't seem to get it to work. I can get the same movie to play when it's
> local, but not from a server. Caching it doesn't help.
>
> MacOS 9.2, QuickTime 5.0.2, MC 2.4.1
>
> Any suggestions?

Are you trying to stream the video?  If so, are you running OS X Server
on the system where the video resides?  That is required for the video
to stream.  If you want to just download the video and then play it,
that is possible.  I have not tried this on 2.4.1 yet.  But I used to do
it all the time on 2.3.2 and it worked well.

-Mark Talluto