Two handlers sharing time

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Dec 18 18:21:00 EST 2001

Recently, Chipp Walters wrote:

> What does "with messages" do? And why can't I find the "with" or "without"
> words in the transcript dictionary? And what does "without" do? I understand
> the English syntax, but not the transcript. thanks,

Normally, the wait command causes script processing to stop until the
designated condition is reached.  Adding "with messages" halts the
*currently running* script and allows processing of scripts from other
objects (mouse clicks, scrolls, etc) to take place, until the wait condition
is met.

The basic move command causes the *currently running* script to stop
processing until the move is complete (though scripts from other controls
can run during the move).  Adding "without waiting" allows the current
script to continue while the move is taking place.

I don't have the TranScript docs so I don't know if these items aren't
documented.  If the above descriptions are not accurate, I'm sure someone
will chime in.

Regards,

Scott

Scott Rossi                       Tactile Media - Multimedia & Design
Creative Director                 Email: scott at tactilemedia.com
                                  Web: http://www.tactilemedia.com