configuration file

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Dec 18 03:57:01 EST 2001

>I am using Machttp as the Web server, trying to get
>Metacard's survey.mt script to run in the cgi-bin
>folder, which also contains the Metacard Mac
>application. On the client side I've downloaded the
>Survey stack, and have edited the script of the Post
>button to my URL.  What comes back to the stack is the
>script itself, not the results of running the script's
>instructions.

David, the MC instructions about .mt scripts apply only to Unix. You
are using Macintosh where the MacHTTP and your stack communicate via
AppleEvents. You need to add an applevent (on applevent
type,class,sender) handler and filter incoming events for web events
using the type and class info. If you run your stack as a stack under
MC, you also need to front end your appleevent handler to ensure that
it is your stack that processes it.

I have currently a database online with MC as a cgi and MacHTTP as
the web server, and it all works just dandy. If you need an example
of an event handler or has some specific questions, write me off the
list.

Robert