Why all the empty opencard handlers?

David Epstein depstein at att.net
Fri Dec 14 21:53:00 EST 2001

Why does Metacard place an empty "on opencard / end opencard" handler
everywhere, and how can I get it to stop?  This gets placed in the script of
a newly created stack, and in the script of a newly created card, and in the
script of a newly created background.  And if I delete it it returns!  Only
if I delete it and type something else in the script does the "opencard"
business stay deleted.

This seems very strange.  I'd like to handle the openCard message myself,
from an "in use" stack.  And if somebody fills out the prefabricated
opencard message in the stack script, won't they just be frustrated as the
message is intercepted by the card script's empty opencard handler?

I suspected this might be a property of the templateCard that I could
change, but when I try to get

the script of the templateCard

I get nothing.

Any ideas?