Field limit?

Shari gogypsy at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 14 17:32:01 EST 2001

The reason it was all on one line was because the entire text was a
very long list of items.  As each item was a single word, I used
words instead, and now it is readable.

Regarding the limit of a field:  Apparently it reached the limit of
the field, and when it did that, Metacard just froze.  No
explanation.  (Took a lot of trial and error to figure this one out.)

In the end I broke it into 5 fields, and was able to embed the info
into Metacard this way.  On opening the card, I just create a global,
put the contents of each field after the global, and it loads
instantly.  The several minute loading time for it to read the info
from a file, mess around with the info, and put it into the global,
is now seconds.

It's a good thing I don't need the user to see the data in the field,
as it only shows part of the data, even though it is all there.  If I
scroll to the end of the field, it looks as if the data is cut short.
But if I type into the message box "answer the last word of cd fld
someField" then it shows the last word as being there.

PS - You guys are nifty!  Very very helpful list, this one.

Shari C
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com