Players vs Play

cowhead cowhead at ztv.ne.jp
Mon Dec 10 14:02:01 EST 2001

Scott Rossi wrote:

If you're simply trying to "pause" your script until the player is done, you

> can use "wait with messages" and query the paused state of the player.  For
> example:
>
>   on playMyStuff
>      # my code here
>      # more code here
>      start player myPlayer
>      wait until the paused of player myPlayer with messages
>      # yet more code here
>   end playMyStuff

Thank you Scott!  That's exactly what I was looking for.  I have been unaware
of the 'paused' property and instead have been trying to use 'playstopped'
message, which is not fun.  Well, this does make life easier.  And the
verdict?  The same stack with  some 200 aiff audio files is 23 MB; converted to
MP3 and using player objects this is now 15 MB.  That's a nice savings and its
nice to know that the audio files are now in a format that is sure to be
supported on any machine.  Thanks again.

mark mitchell
japan