Problem when moving files

jbv jbv.silences at wanadoo.fr
Sun Dec 9 04:27:00 EST 2001

Hi list,

I've just met a strange problem (on Mac 9.1) when moving files
(ie: when actually installing files by copying them from a CD-ROM
to a HD) : I'm using the script :

    put URL original_file into URL destination_file

and everything works fine, except when files are executable apps
(MC or Director standalones). In such cases, destination files get
truncated
by several Kb and can't be launched...
Of course, I don't forget to set the right creator & file type for each
copied file.
The problem is just that a part of the file is missing (roughly 10% of
the
original file).

Seems to work fine on Windoze though, and haven't tried it yet on other
MacOS.

Any idea ? Thanks.

JB