More re: visual effects

Shari gogypsy at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 7 09:36:01 EST 2001

>Geoff Canyon wrote:
>>
>>  At 8:32 PM -0500 12/6/01, Shari wrote:
>
>  > >note:  the visuals don't even work from the message box, such as:
>>  >show cd btn "you" with visual effect "iris open"
>>
>>  This works for me. (Mac OS 9, QT 5.?, MC 2.4.1)
>
>Works for me too. Mac OS 9.1, QT 4, MC 2.4.1
>
>--
>Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com
>HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Some visuals work for me, some don't.  Mac OS 8.5.1, QT 5.0.2, MC
2.4.1 starter (just ordered the full).

And no, no chance of upgrading past 8.5.1 at this moment (as someone
suggested to me on another list).  I try to be backward compatible as
well as forward compatible, so I expect my creations to work for
people with older systems and computers as well.  Not just the latest
and greatest.  Besides, I'm happy with 8.5.1 (if it ain't broke, I
don't like messing with it :-)

The visuals worked initially, and stopped.  I do not remember if they
stopped working when I switched from Rev to MC, or when I went from
MC 2.4 to 2.4.1, or if it happened later.  I'm pretty sure they
worked after the last switch.

I don't remember the handler offhand, but the docs had a call you
could make to see what visuals Quicktime supported, and I typed that
in, and there were only three.  And none of those were the ones I was
using.  Although some of the visuals that ARE working aren't on that
list.  So I'm baffled.

Does anyone know which piece of Quicktime holds the visual commands?
So I can verify that I have that piece installed?  There are about 15
Quicktime pieces in my Extensions folder.

--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com