MC 2.3.2 - Crash in import snapshot command

Larry_R_Huisingh at rl.gov Larry_R_Huisingh at rl.gov
Thu Dec 6 15:32:01 EST 2001

Hopefully someone can tell me what is going wrong with my stacks (I have a
zipped archive (8KB) of the two stacks I can send to whomever is able to
help me).  I have simplified my stacks down to two stacks.  The first stack,
"test window.mc" has a single card with a single button.  This button
attempts to open the stack "level one maps.mc", import a snapshot of the
only card there and then export a PNG file from that snapshot.  In my
testing MC always crashes when it tries to do the import snapshot command.
(The "level one maps" stack is 1024 x 768 so if you try this out you might
want to make sure your video is set appropriately.)  I have tried this on
two different machines (one running Windows 98 and the other Windows 2000
Professional) with the same results.

I use this script on many other cards in the full version of "level one
maps" quite successfully but on this card it always crashes.  One difference
I have found with this card compared to others is that the other cards all
have imported images from GIF files that have transparent backgrounds.  For
some reason on this card without any images the import snapshot always
crashes.

I can issue the following statements from the message box successfully and
the snapshot is created but when the script tries to do it MC crashes.
   put the rect of this cd into thisRect
   put the windowid of wd "level one maps" into wid
   import snapshot from rect thisRect of window wid

I'd appreciate any insight anyone can shed on this problem.  I have tried
Scott at the MetaCard Bugs address but I imagine that since my license is
not current he can't afford the time to check it out.

Larry Huisingh