can't find object <field 1>

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Dec 6 13:29:17 EST 2001

Eugen,

Could you simplify it, like:

  put "body" into fld_name
  put 123 into field fld_name

When you use "control", you need to provide either a name or a number, as
in:

  put "123" into control 1
or
  put "123" into control "body"  -- picks the first control named "body"

It won't work if you also use the descriptor:

  put "123" into control field "body"  -- This doesn't work

So basically I'm saying that if you want to have the choice of where a
variable or constant goes, and it is not always a field, you should (a) make
sure your object names are unique, and ARE NOT NUMBERS (i.e. don't name a
field: "1", etc.), and then (b) only pass the name of the object as a
parameter, as in:

on mouseUp
  PutStuff "123","body"
end mouseUp