Talk about major speed killer!

Shari gogypsy at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 6 11:34:01 EST 2001

I've written the code five different ways looking to increase the
speed, as it just crawled.

And each time it just got slower.

I found the culprit, and I do not understand it...

lock screen

Taking out that one line (it wasn't in a repeat loop or anything)
increased the speed megafold.  I didn't particularly want the user to
see what was going on, but given a choice between two evils, I'm
choosing the increase in speed.

Definitely an area where Metacard differs from Hypercard!  I am used
to locking the screen to speed things up, so that it doesn't have to
redraw, and so the user doesn't have to see things they aren't meant
to see.

t'any rate, it's zipping along nicely, and I can go to the next step.
Continuing the bug testing phase :-)

--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com